Product review: AKNICARE Cream

Some friends asked me about Aknicare cream. It is by far the only moisturizer that suits my skin type. My skin is oily, for almost my entire face. I have tried a wide range of moisturizers from street brands to high end brands before I got my hands on Aknicare cream, they've failed me. All of them claimed to be able to control oil, mattify skin, or oil-free, but my skin was so stubborn and didnot recognize them at all.

Till I started working with people specialize in dermatology, one really nice girl passed me a sample size of Aknicare cream(Guess because she couldnot tolerate my shiny face in the office, LOL), I was surprised at the result. It kept my face shine-free for about 6 hours, for the first time I'm impressed by the oil control power of this moisuriser. Now I have purchased the full size one, I use it twice everyday, yes this is kinda the happily-ever-after for my skin! :)

I also noticed on regular use, it doesnot only control oil/shine, also it does its duty to keep acne at bay. So many friends have commented improvement for my skin:) From what I know, some dermatologists in fact prescribe this product to their patients for treating mild to moderate acne breakout.

I was curious and went on to study why this cream can make a difference, found out it has a few active ingredients as listed below:

Triethyl citrate: It controls oil production, inhibits bacterial proliferation, and prevents inflammation.

Ethyl linoleate: It reduces sebum(oil) production, provides anti-inflammatory effect, lightens skin pigmentation, and corrects follicular keratinization.

Salicylic acid(0.5%): It works as an exfoliant, unclogs the pores, breaks down blackheads and whiteheads, by helping to shed away the dead cells in the skin follicles.

Hyaluronic acid: It acts like a reservoir in our skin, secure the moist and keeps skin look hydrated and youthful.

GT-peptide- 10: Inhibits bacterial proliferation (P. acne)

What makes it better, it does not contain antibiotics, retinoids, or steroids;
So no need worry about skin's getting resistant to antibiotics, no worry about the redness or peeling from topical retinoic acid, or the skin thinning from steroids.

The only thing is I dont think it is very accessible to people who live in Singapore. I purchased it from a medical sales rep who supplies medical grade skincare products to the dermatologists only. Otherwise I have not seen it anywhere in the Watsons, Guardian pharmacy or other beauty stores. So those who wanna give it a try, maybe check out the dermatologists' office, or GP clinics.

Please also check out my review on aknicare cleanser, and aknicare treatment lotion. If you tried it or any other products from aknicare range, let me know your thoughts?

8 comments:

  1. got it for $50 from asia health partners. expensive but I love it. how much did you get it for? looking for cheaper alternatives too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Michelle,

      I can't remember how much exactly, should be below 40$.

      Delete
  2. i started using it about a week ago. My derma prescribed it to me . i bought for about $36. hope this one work for me too

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can I buy this in SG even without prescription of derma?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, it doesnot necessarily require a prescription, however as far as I know, it is only available in the dermatologists' office as the the supplier wants to make it exclusive in Singapore. And its price can be rather broad, so you need do a bit of homework to pick the right dermatologist. Good luck :P

      Delete
  4. Hi. Do you think this product is suitable for dry skin that suffered breakouts?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi. Do you think this product is suitable for dry skin that suffered breakouts?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You may use it on the affected areas. Just remember to hydrate and moisturise your skin well. Until this date I still go back to this cream At times ;)

      Delete