Post-Fraxel update. D1 and D2

After my Fraxel treatment this time, there is this sudden thought to document my daily recovery progress thru picture, for the benefit of those who intend for this laser treatment, this may give you a rough idea how much downtime you need to plan.
 



Day 1
Day 1 is all about the swelling and raw redness. My whole face was so swollen until when I looked down, my cheek blocked my partial view. LOL
My face felt taut, as if I am having a peeling-mask on, but no discomfort or whatsoever. 

I went to work without any makeup, my colleague commented this effect made me look 'grumpy'.

It is okay to wear makeup?
Not advisable, because we dont wanna put anything extra on the raw skin.

Day 2
The swelling is still there, it subsided a little but I am still upset with this all blown-up look.
The pixels of redness turned to black color, kinda dirty-looking, my skin right now is super rough and dry to touch, has exactly the same texture like sandpaper. 

Itchiness developed on my whole face, which is part of the natural healing process, however lotsa facial spray helps to calm it down. I got Avene Thermal Spring water to take care of that.

Is it okay to wear makeup?
Yes.. But I'm sure it doesnot give the best look, due to the skin's current texture, it is hard to blend the foundation on nicely. I just allow my bare skin to breathe freely.

When I came back just now, J actually asked me if I went for suntan yesterday! :D

2 comments:

  1. I have the same problem with breakout and acne. My skin doesn't peel off as fast as I wanted to be which I'm kinda freaking out about it.. It been 4 days.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have the same problem with breakout and acne. My skin doesn't peel off as fast as I wanted to be which I'm kinda freaking out about it.. It been 4 days.

    ReplyDelete