Product Review: Biore Cleansing Oil Cotton Facial Sheets. The originalor the NEW version?

After years of experimenting in the department of makeup removers, I now tend to reach for oil base makeup remover, to me it works best especially on waterproof makeup, it is super thorough in taking off all the traces of makeup from the pores, and friendly to skin(If you choose the right one). I used to bring along a tiny bottle of them for travel and yes sometimes it can get messy. So last year when I was prepping for my short trip to Kuala Lumpur, I saw this little pocket-tissue size of makeup remover sheets in SASA. I thought why not give it a try, it is light-weight, doesnot take up space and for sure it wont give me surprise when I open my luggage. In the end I totally fell in love with these so much. Since then I tried some from other brands, still the Biore cleansing oil cotton facial sheets remain my top choice at the moment.

Now they just came out a NEW version. So I'm going to review both of them and how they perform differently on my skin.
The Original Biore Cleansing Oil Cotton Facial Sheets; 3.90sgd
(10 sheets)
The Original Biore cleansing oil cotton facial sheets: 

It claims: 
It contains smooth cleansing oil to remove stubborn makeup gently and effectively, minimizes need for repeated wiping on eye lashes, eye area and face. 

How to use: 
Using clean hands, gently wipe off makeup with sheet. Makeup removal is complete when there is no trace of makeup on the sheet. 
To remove waterproof mascara, place sheet on closed eyes for 5-6 seconds before wiping off.
 
Love it from first use. I found it so effortless to take off my very stubborn waterproof makeup so completely, with one sheet for my whole face. Just because I am paranoid about any makeup residuals, I always take a 2nd sheet to go over my whole face one more round, and I barely see anything on it any more. These sheets are very very moist, I dont have to use pressure or pull my skin, the trick is gentle wiping. I love how my skin feels so clean and fresh everytime, no feeling tight or sticky. They are cleansing oil sheets but give no greasy feeling. Also I noticed an interesting whitening effort and glow on my face, not sure it is just me? :P

The New Biore Cleansing Oil Cotton Facial Sheets; 3.90sgd
(10 sheets)
The New Biore Cleansing Oil Cotton Facial Sheets: 

It claims:
  • To cleanse and care with smooth cleansing oil and hydrating beauty essence.
  • Thoroughly removes all traces of makeup including waterproof mascara without irritating or drying your skin
  • Minimizes repeating wiping by 50% on eye lashes, eye area and face
  • No greasy or sticky feeling after use as cleansing oil does not remain on skin
  • Contains hydrating beauty essence that leaves skin moist and smooth
  • 100% natural fibre sheets for a softer glide on skin
I'v used these for couple of days, honestly I feel they just work exactly the same! As for the hydrating part, I think it is a nice concept to put skincare to our skin cleansing process. However, I didnot notice any immediate difference on my skin. 



So which one do I prefer?

With the fact that they both work equally well, I probably go for the original one. It has a slightly smaller pack, easier to slip into my cosmetics pouch, as I only use facial sheets on the go. And I love the radiance on my skin after, which idnot happen on the new version.

As for the additional hydrating and skincare benefits from the new version, I personally don't demand it from a makeup remover product. I believe skincare products work better in that department, happy just the makeup removers just play their role.

Biore oil cleansing cotton facial sheets are also available in this plastic pack, and the refills. I don't recommend it unless you use it on a daily basis, otherwise I notice the sheets can lose its moist slowly since the package is not super airtight.

Happy weekend!
Rae

No comments:

Post a Comment